Sunday, July 14, 2013

Brainbridge Island

We had lots of fun on Bainbridge Island. Three carloads of moms and kids headed over for the day. I just love it there. I went in Safeway for coffee and there is just a neat island vibe that I love. I imagine these people driving home to their woodsy home or cute place on the beach, writing novels. It seems like there would be lots of authors here. It's a quaint PNW island that is a quick ferry ride away from Seattle.

It has a great skatepark. One of the best parts, in my opinion, is the nice bathrooms! Hurray! No outhouse/plastic box to go in here! Duke came along and hung out with Ezra, my friend's recently adopted dog. My take along project was the circle quilt. I need to post a pic of that soon. I also tied more of the wreath so it is nice and full, and finished.

The guys are at Street League in Portland today. Jack got to meet several pro skaters, one being his favorite, Lance Mountain. Today will be a day he will never forget!

Kris

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I've always wanted to go to Bainbridge Island. I think the author Susan Wiggs lives there. I keep telling the kids that they need to buy me a home there when they are older. They laugh but I'm not really joking. ;)

    ReplyDelete