Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Maritime Gig Festival

My favorite weekend of the year in Gig Harbor is our festival weekend, leading up to the Blessing of the Fleet as our fishermen leave for salmon fishing in Alaska. It all begins with the town parade which passes by our house.

Duke followed me in and out of the house as I served mimosas. He was exhausted and took a nap on his porch bed.

Along with the children's entertainment in the park, this year we had a car show, too.

The Blessing of the Fleet is such a beautiful time. There is a procession from a church up the hill, down to the park, then out on the docks to the fishing boats. The bagpipe players add a wonderful ambiance.

Our skateboard shop is located in the heart of downtown. My husband and sons built and painted this bench the day before the parade. I love it!

I'm working on a back for Jack's skateboard quilt. This is the upper left portion.

And I'd like to make Jack's teacher a nautical patchwork quilt for an end of year gift. I have 16 days!

<3 Kris

2 comments:

  1. Lots of fun Kris and Duke! What a great bench and old cars are so amazing! Duke has the best place to sleep and he looks so sweet dreaming there! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a wonderful festival - no wonder Duke was worn out with all the comings and goings! Love the skateboard bench, what a great idea! Is it comfy?!

    ReplyDelete