Monday, December 23, 2013

Holiday Sewing

I love English paper piecing and happened across a new shape, the rounded thimble. It's refreshing, creatively, to work with a new shape. Since this shape forms rings, it also takes less of them to create the desired end result. I can see myself making more variations (crossed rings, half rings, rings with solid centers, rings with diced up centers) in the near future. For now, I wanted to make a table runner before my parents arrived, which was just the motivation I needed to stick with one project and finish it, while watching Homeland or Scandal. The pink block was a personal preference to keep it "not so red and green" and I'm happy with the color combination.

I made a pillow for Mitch, who is now a Kappa Sigma. There will be more Kappa Sigma presents under the tree. His Great Aunt gave him a Kappa Sigma bow tie for his birthday last month (he LOVES bow ties!) He thinks they're cool. :-).

After making little Duke I decided to make another and change the face a bit. I think I like the small felt pieces versus the stitched ones on the doll faces because they show up better. I still want to change the eyes. Eyes are difficult to get just right. Jack's class was collecting toys and he said, "Mom I know just the thing I'd like to take but I don't know what you will say because you worked so hard on it." My sweet boy. Off it went!

Duke is doing really well! He had blood work done Friday to see what level his meds are at in his system. We find out the results today and may be able to lower the dose. He has adapted really well to them. I see a slight balance issue with standing on one hind leg to pee, but that's about the only difference to how he was before the seizure weekend fiasco. The medicine has made him more hungry and what do ya know....he has gained 10 pounds this month. Oops! He was slim before so it was hard to notice. We've come to the conclusion that everyone in the house can't give him treats all day long. He will stand by the dish and bark, and we all obey!

Here's hoping all of you are enjoying your holiday preparations ~

Kris

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kris Hope you are having a great Christmas.
    Glad to hear Duke is stablizing.
    I love your epp, it's like a very minimal dresdan!
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Duke is continuing to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Generally I like to and get my mix of Vitamin E from tablets. While I would prefer to via a excellent diet plan it can be even more challenging to at periods.


    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! :)
    Greetings from Finland!
    Hugs, Ulla

    ReplyDelete