Sunday, February 3, 2013

Free Motion Quilting with Duke

I've had my first go at FMQ and I love it! There is a wonderful free class happening over at PileO Fabric and I decided to join in. I'm not sure if I will make both blocks each month but I WILL be following the FMQ teachings. Here is lesson #1.

I ordered my walking foot on Amazon but now realize I need a few more tools to get this flowing correctly. (Gloves, slider, proper needle). I loved doing pebble quilting. Here is my very first attempt :

The good news is I have all kinds of quilt tops to be quilted. :-D

I'm working away on the xplusalong quilt and trying to finish it before starting something new. I hope I can do that!

Just when I thought it was hopeless to find Duke on his dog bed and off of the couch...

Ah ha! He snuck on this morning when I wasn't looking! My son actually noticed and said, "Mom, look!"

He has been enjoying the hum of the sewing machine on his kitchen bed.

I did some FMQ practice on a new scarf for him! I have felt hearts all ready to hand stitch onto this. He posed for placement.

Time to make Superbowl food preparations for six 5th graders. Jack is having a party!

Kris

3 comments:

  1. FMQing looking good; it is on my long long list of things to learn, I have tried and failed too many times!

    Enjoy your 'game' xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh you have a dog mannequin!
    Gloves are a must for fmq, I've never bought needles for my machine whoops!!
    Carry on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that couch looks super cozy, i'm not surprised he likes to lie there! fun beds, though. the FMQ looks so great, I wish I were finding the time to watch the videos over at POF. i had such good intentions of doing so! Duke is so cute with those hearts, i love love love it. hope you had an awesome SB party!

    ReplyDelete