Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dream Circle Bee Block

The Dream Circle of Do.Good.Stitches October block is a herringbone block made with fabrics containing geometrical shapes and at least one orange fabric. I pulled what I had from my stash and came up with these two blocks. I can definitely see myself making a quilt of these blocks in my future. I can't wait to see this charity quilt finished with blocks from various stashes. I think it will be wild and fun!

The patchwork zipper pouch was a gift from my friend Krista. I just love it! I am carrying my felt circles in it as a sew on the go project.

Jack and his friend, Samuel, bombed some hills on longboards today. I would follow behind in the car and then taxi them back up to the top. They loved it! Watching them fly down the hills standing (and butt boarding catamaran style) was scary for me at first, but then I became numb to the terror of it and just took in their joy. Neither one fell once and they were padded up.

I finished the second skateboard quilt a few weeks ago. It was a custom order and is now put away for a little fellow for his Christmas present. Jack and I both loved it and it was sad to see it go. I think I will give it it's own post here with more pics.

Next up is a girl version of the skateboard quilt. For me!

Kris

1 comment:

  1. You've been busy, Kris! The skateboarding is really fun to see--I remember those kamikaze days of my own youth, and then my own children. I'm much more cautious now, so I really enjoy it when I see it in others (and what a good mom you were to be the hill taxi). Great line-up of projects and quilts--your skateboard quilts are so terrific.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete