Saturday, November 26, 2011

Chevrons and Cheeseball on a Saturday afternoon

I worked some on my Chevron quilt today since the next set of instructions are coming out tomorrow and as usual, I'm behind!  Have you joined in?  Jennifer is hosting this chasing chevrons quilt along and here is Part 2 over at that girl that quilt.  She gives really clear instructions and well, so far, so good!

Here are my first blocks, just after I squared each half square up.  That sure helped to make the blocks come together easily.


The seams are pressed open and aren't they just lovely?  Seriously, it's nice to see things look "right" on the back side of the block, too.



Just sewed  parts A and B together...

and oh, yes, you can guess who was snuggled at my feet...

Yep, it's the Dukester!  I didn't even realize he was there until I glanced down.  He is seriously ALWAYS in the same room that I am in.  Love that boy...

So it was back to pressing one more time and .....

I completed 6 blocks! 
I don't even want to look back at the instructions to see how many more I need to do.  No worries, I'll keep going! 

Guess that means I better get off of picnik and back to the sewing machine!

Today is the Apple Cup here in Washington.  The University of WA Huskies play the Washington State Cougars in what is THE college football game of the season to watch in this neck of the woods.  We're having a few of Jack's friends over for pizza and football....and screaming and shouting.  I made hubby a cheeseball - his favorite snack.


It's my Mom's recipe and super easy.  Cream cheese, chopped green onions, chopped dried beef (yes, from the jar) all mixed together and rolled in pecans.  Any quantities will work, always a winner!

Anyone else sewing to the sounds of a football game today? :-)

Kris



No comments:

Post a Comment