Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The New Blog and Musical Pillows

I've made the switch from typepad to blogger!  Getting ready to add some pics of what I've been up to since my last blog post in September. 

Thought I'd start with a couple of pillows

Pillows!  They are a fun way to experiment with a design and reach the finish line much faster than trying the same block in a quilt.  I saw a lightning bolt design on several blogs like this lightning zig zag tutorial and wanted to give it a go. 

I added in some hand quilting and put a ruffle along the edge. 


The pillow is backed with some fleece I had with musical notes.  I picked it up at Hobby Lobby awhile back, knowing that with two boys who love play instruments, I would use it eventually!


And so I made semi-matching pillows for my older son and his girlfriend.  They are both VERY musical!



Here they are singing with the Gig Harbor High School Meistersingers.  They are both Seniors.  Where does time go?! 

Thanks for checking out the new blog! 


No comments:

Post a Comment