Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Tree Garland

This summer I logged many hours at the skate park with my youngest son.  My take-along sewing project most of the time was felt Christmas Tree garland, using a tutorial posted by Anna Maria Horner found here.

Today, I put it on our tree!

It was really easy to make and I love the homemade, colorful look it gives to our tree.  Most of the ornaments on our tree were made by the kids or by me during my elementary school days!  I'm so glad my Mom saved them. 


I used lots of colors, trying to limit the green circles since I thought they might not show up as well on the green tree.


I love the blanket stitch on felt.  It's so easy and very forgiving.  I changed the thread color, using whatever contrasted well with the color of the felt.



It was hard to decide which picture to post here because I love all of our ornaments so much!  Here are two hallmark ornaments.  My first son was born in 1993, and that was the year I received the Mom ornament from my Mom.  The mixer ornament represents my love for baking and is signed on the bottom by the artist! 


Of course I have a framed picture of Duke on the tree.  He's one of the family!


We love our Duke!


My son will be excited to see this on the tree when he gets home from school.  He knows first hand of the hours logged making it!


This was what it looked like "in progress"!


I hope you enjoyed this tour of our Christmas tree!  I am linking this post to Sew Modern Monday and Fabric Tuesday, a couple of great places to go for other great ideas in blog land!!



Grab a button
Fresh Poppy Design

Kris


3 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful garland!!! Labor of love but now you can enjoy it for years~

    Happy Holidays, Anna Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great!! Love how it looks on the tree and I bet your son will really appreciate it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the garland! Felt ornaments are so fun; never thought of a garland. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete