Thursday, December 29, 2011

Favorite 2011 Blogs

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!  We enjoyed a Christmas eve church service and a relaxing Christmas morning.  Then it was off to the cinema as a family to see Tom Cruise in the new Mission Impossible movie.  What?  There were other actors in the movie you say?  I've been a Tom fan since the 80s!  My husband pointed out that Tom is getting wrinkles in his face.  ;)   Verdict was - It was a great family movie!

Well with all of my sewing and wrapping for Christmas, the sewing area has recently gotten out of control.

 So before I get back into my projects I forced myself to get organized.
I had some new stuff to organize, after all!  Thanks Santa!


I've had this fabric in mind for about a month now and when I saw it go on sale on fabric.com, I filled a cart! It's called Going Coastal.  Can't wait to use it.  It'll have to be a keeper as the colors and theme are perfect for our little harbor town house.  I also bought a yard of my first Anna Maria Horner fabric.  Yippee! 


While I was organizing my fabrics by color, I peeked under the table and sure enough, my ever faithful sewing room buddy was getting comfy in his bed.


Here's a shot of all the fabric stacked nicely in it's new home on the shelves!  I have read on blogs about the different approaches to organizing fabrics - by color, by designer, dots together, stripes together and so on.  I went with by color and kept that new collection together as the one exception.  I also pulled out the geometrical looking bolder prints and kept them together.  Solids stayed together for the most part. The bottom shelf is heavier fabrics.  I have an idea in mind to cut a mix of the heavier fabrics in strips and braid them into a rug. 


Speaking of "I have an idea" - this is hanging on the wall waiting for me to come back to it and turn it into a big quilt!  I can just see it as a big puffy one that I will probably tie off rather than quilt by machine so it can be really fluffy. 


Duke thinks that sounds like a really comfy place to lie down! He has already started practicing for it! 


So I'm all organized now and ready to roll!  Should I work on one of my 4 quilts in progress, or start something new?  Or will I continue to spend my time playing 10 games at once of Words with Friends, my new addiction?
  Stay tuned.......

And now here is a shout out to my favorite blogs of 2011:

www.MollyFlanders.blogspot.com - for her AMAZING hand quilting and beautiful creations!

www.describehappy.blogspot.com - for her artistic take on quilts and her adorable dogs involvement in the process!

www.crazymomquilts.blogspot.com - for teaching me so much about how to quilt and providing such great tutorials

www.blueelephantstitches.blogspot.com - for the eye candy of her quilts, love her use of color

www.rosylittlethings.typepad.com - for her photography and beautiful embroidery work. She shares a warm/inviting little world - and her husband's posts are very entertaining!

and no day is complete without visiting www.annamariahorner.blogspot.com - love seeing how she is using her fabric in all of her projects - and her writing is always fun to read.

I could go on and on with other blogs I love..the list is really endless! 

Kris








3 comments:

  1. Kris! Thank you so much! I am so glad you contacted me so I could find you....I am putting you in my side bar so I won't miss a thing! Love Duke :) and so happy to see you are an Edward Fan too!!! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post organization shots look fantastic! That is what I am sorely in need of as well... I really trashed my room in trying to get my last gifts out. A clean start sounds like a great idea! And Duke... you cute little dog... I love how snuggled in you are! And I am so honored to be considered one of your favorite reads :) Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Kris! I'm very flattered. Thank you. Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete