Monday, December 5, 2011

Sewing and baking, I've become my Mother!

I've been pressing and trimming and pressing and trimming and finally...I have all of the blocks ready to lay out and sew together for the Chasing Chevrons Quilt-Along quilt top.  I had a few blocks that were not up to par, either sewn in the wrong direction or had a spot on them (how in the world?) so they were put to the side. 

I can't wait to see it all laid out, row by row! 

It's not too late to join in!

That Girl... That Quilt

I started some Christmas baking today.  My Grandma Jewell always made these cookies and I have her recipe, in her handwriting, in my recipe book.  I consider those kind of recipes - treasures. 

My youngest son ate one and said, "These are my favorite cookies!"  But come to think of it, he says that about the pumpkin cookies and the lemon bars, too.  Hmmmm...    My Mom makes these as well, and hers are just "better" than mine, that's all I can say.  Not sure why, but that's just the way it is. 

We had a fun weekend attending the tree lighting in the downtown of our harbor town.  There were so many families in attendance, it was great.  Santa arrived on a firetruck and hot chocolate was served to the community.  I love events like that - it's what makes living in our town so wonderful!


My older son, Mitch, was there along with his girlfriend, who took this picture of Mitch and me. 


They are both Seniors at Gig Harbor High School.  I love the harbor town memories they are making.  I know one day they will look back on their teenage years, living in Gig Harbor, and realize how lucky they were to live amongst such wonderful families in such a beautiful place.  Next up in our community is a boat parade of lights.  We'll stand on the dock with a warm drink and watch the boats parade by, all lit up with Christmas lights.  It's quite a site! 

Here's hoping I'll have a quilt top to post tomorrow!

Kris




No comments:

Post a Comment