Saturday, April 27, 2013

April bee blocks for Deb!

I've made the April Bee Blocks for my bee mate and friend, Deb from Life on the Selvage edge.. It's helped me realize I need more low volume fabrics in my stash. I'm generally not drawn to them but I do see how they compliment the wild colors that I like so much!

Found these cut little felt clothes pins at Michael's. Our new Gig Harbor Michael's just opened yesterday! Mom and I HAD to go. It was a big event in our small town.

Many of these low volume squares are "Comma" fabrics from a charm pack which I recently scored locally at ArtCo in Tacoma. The center triangles are two of my favorite lines from Anna Maria Horner and Violet Craft.

Fuzzy pink sewing socks were in order for Deb - since they match her blocks so well!

Speaking of low volume, here is a quilt I saw on flickr (name in bottom right corner) that really inspired me! Mary at "Molly Flanders" does a beautiful clam shell pillow with hand quilting that I adore. Have you seen Mary's blog? You must!

Here is Mary's pillow. Don't you just love all of the inspiration on line?

<3 Kris

2 comments: