Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pushing through...

Craft fair preparations continue! You'd think I was going to be in some big show for Pete's sake. I don't know if anyone even comes to this one! Clare's know your audience blog post about "blue hairs" comes to mind...that was a funny post, Clare! So yeah, I'm mainly doing this to have fun with my BFF, and if cash lands in my pocket as a result, great!

Earlier this summer Jack (my then 10 year old) helped me design this skateboard block. We had it all sketched out as a quilt. I got all of the fabric ready (that he chose from my stash) and then company came, and it sat. Sound familiar? So the test block sat, too. Today it became a pillow!

Then I moved on to dog bow ties. I made several versions last week and decided on a size and method that I liked best for Duke. I didn't want it flimsy, and I did want it to be a fairly good size. I researched several ways of putting it on the dog and came up with my own. It's been on his collar for a week without any movement. So today I made more! Hoping people will be as big of a sucker as I am for having my dog look festive! ;-)



I'm having so much fun that I actually got up at 4:30 this morning to start sewing. I've just woken up from a power nap and I'm headed back to the sewing room. Also known as the kitchen. Where you can find Duke snuggled up on one of his dog beds (he has three) under the table and some good police/crime type shows on my TV tonight. Earlier today I sewed to Christmas music and it was wonderful! I'm not one to sew in silence.

Anyone out there using Paypal to sell stuff? Do you like it?


Thought I'd include a Draw Something picture to entice you to play! My username is KrisCoulombe. It's a fun diversion in the day. And not as mentally draining as a crossword puzzle. :-D. randomness....linking up to Cindy at Really Random Thursday!

And Amanda Jean's Finish it Up Friday at CrazyMomQuilts.
Kris

2 comments: