I lost my sewing enthusiasm these past couple of days as I was caught up in a book called "Where are you now?" by Mary Higgins Clark. Once I started it, I had to read the whole thing. It's only $3.99 on kindle right now and a great light read!
Krista over at Kristastitched is an instagram friend and blog friend. Yes we are getting to know each other quite well! :)
The rules: Answer some questions. Post some questions. Tag some people.
Here are Krista's questions and my answers:
which do you prefer?
1. starch or no starch? Starch! I use the lavender Best Press. I like the smell and it works great.
2. prewashing or not? If we are talking fabrics, no prewashing. It sounds like too much trouble to me and I haven't had any fabrics bleed so far. Now a good ol' vintage sheet from the Good Will? Straight to the washer!
3. Solids or prints? Prints - I have to make myself buy solids.
4. Dogs or cats? Do you even have to ask? I haven't had a cat since I was really young. Recently, my Mom gave me the first quilt that my Grandma made me for my first "big girl bed". It has cats all over it and it's pink! Love it. I am crazy for dogs now. Sometimes more than humans...
6. Thrifting or buying new? I'm more of a buy new at a bargain price.
7. Wood floors or carpet? Definitely prefer wood with pretty rugs. I have a plan to make a rug by weaving fabric, but it hasn't happened yet.
8. Beer or wine? Wine drinker here. But even better...a White Russian!
9. Staying in or going out? Depends but usually staying in. I do love to go out to the movie though.
Parachute of candy made by my friend Sheila for all of us going to see The Hunger Games last night - she's so creative!
10. One fabric line per quilt or mix and match? Mix and match for me - I like to select the fabrics and put them together myself. It's half the fun.
11. Watching tv or listening to music? Usually music. Unless it's downton abbey! But I flew through that streaming it through netflix and pbs on my ipad. So technically that wasn't TV. I do love the show Psych.
Here are my questions (I'm keeping it short)
1. Besides sewing what is your favorite thing to do in your down time?
2. What was the last movie you saw?
3. What book have you read in the last year of so that you recommend?
4. What is one of your favorite things you have made? And please post a picture if you have one.
I am tagging:
Christie at Describe Happy
Don't feel like you have to answer - I understand if you don't have time to play!
Have you checked out the beautiful modern creations being linked up to Megan over at Canoeridgecreations? I'm linking up!