Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Zippers don't scare me anymore!

Today I finished my first open mouth zippered pouch! The pattern is from Noodlehead. It's so easy to follow!

I also gave Christie's baked donuts a try this morning and they were a hit! The link to her recipe is in my last post. I used my pear-plum sauce where she used apple sauce. I didn't have apple cider so used water. The sauce is so sweet and fresh (made yesterday) that they came out great! Thanks Christie!

I hope to make jam this afternoon but I'm at the laundromat doing 6 loads so we will see! I have lots more fruit to peel, which takes the longest of the jam making process.

Oh, another use for the fruit, a dessert of course. My family is in heaven over all of this baking. :-) needless to say, I was determined to get in an hour long walk with my BFF last night!

And Dancing with the Stars is back...Whoo hooo!

Linking up with Quilt Story and their Fabric Tuesday! Their button is in my sidebar.

Kris

5 comments:

  1. Your pouch is fantastic!! I love it. And such yummy goodies. I'd need to walk a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the pouch - I pinned the tute ages ago, but now I might have to make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice, love those vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you overcame zipper-fear and wow that pouch is stunning!!! And how cool that the recipe was a hit for you too. My mouth is watering thinking about your pear-plum sauce. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete